Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes
(04-14-2019, 11:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: So name the better options you believed they should have signed. 

Me I agree they should have targeted LB in Free Agency and dropped the big dollars for Mosley. On offensive line the pickings were sparse. Miller was actually in the Top 10 offensive line Free Agents rankings - which tells you how lean the cupboard was. 

They've already been mentioned.  Williams, Kalil, James.  James' deal was high as hell, but considering the kind of player Hart is, so was his.  They paid a hell of a lot for a really bad player.  

Point I'm making is, Bobby Hart's last year as a starter should have been 2018.  He was a weakness and will continue to be for the next year or so.  You could have signed a guy like LJ Fort or Jordan Hicks for what they dropped on him (or comparable amounts), alleviated a hole at LB and drafted a tackle.  Instead, we spent a hunk of cap on Brown and Hart, basically keeping things the same as last year.  That's not good enough.  

I'd have offered Hart 3 mil for a 1 year deal to be the backup swing guy.  He could kick rocks if that's not enough.  They should've been looking for an Eric Winston type to fill out the roster, not a starter on day 1 of FA if the pickings were so bad.  They have the 11th pick for Christ's sake.  You can get a RT that will lock the spot down for at least the next half-decade at a controllable cap number.  Instead they got the same garbage they had last year for a lot more money.  Stupid.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 1st Week Of Practice Like O Line Changes - samhain - 04-15-2019, 12:03 AM