Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early thoughts on Bell
Bell does indeed appear to be in way over his head. He comes across with someone that doesn't know what to do until his charts tell him what to do. And if you're going to play four guys in the outfield, please make sure that Dietrich is not one of them. That is painful to watch. Bell's schizoid lineups are ridiculous and reek of a guy that still doesn't know his roster. I'll bet he had the "Start off with new slate, it's a new season" approach which actually translates to "I don't want to sit through watching games from last year to learn my roster, I'm smart enough to take it all in during Spring Training"

Also, It's not Little League. There is no rule that indicates that you have to use your entire bench every game. This is going to be a long, slow process watching this guy learn(or not learn) how to be a manager.

Other notes:
Schebler is useless. Move on. If you are down by one in the 9th and Casali gets a lead off double, you can be guaranteed that Schebler is going to strike out trying to hit a five run home run when all you need is a ground ball to second base. Chewing on that stupid mouth piece makes him look like a football player trying to learn how to play baseball while in MLB. Well, his stats tell that also.

This is going to piss some of you off . . . Get rid of Michael Lorenzen, he's a joke of a MLB player.
He's very inaccurate, mainly due to his insistence on not bending his back when he throws. This leads to him aiming the ball instead of throwing to a spot(big difference when pitching) and results in dumb crap like walking the #8 hitter or as recently shown against the Pirates, WALKING THE PITCHER. It also means that sometimes he's going to groove a fastball to a crusher when he meant to hit a corner of the plate. He is almost death to a team when he pitches after the 5th inning because it leaves such little time to come back from his screw ups. Vintage Michael Lorenzen? Walk #8 hitter, balk/wild pitch moves him to 2nd base, ground ball to first or fly ball to right moves him to third base, scores on a weak ground ball to second base.

Plain and simple, players like Schebler and Lorenzen don't play on winning teams.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Early thoughts on Bell - Circleville Guy - 04-17-2019, 11:59 AM
RE: Early thoughts on Bell - grampahol - 04-17-2019, 12:29 PM
RE: Early thoughts on Bell - cinci4life - 04-17-2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Early thoughts on Bell - bengalfan74 - 04-17-2019, 07:29 PM
RE: Early thoughts on Bell - grampahol - 04-17-2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Early thoughts on Bell - bengalfan74 - 04-18-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: Early thoughts on Bell - grampahol - 04-19-2019, 01:11 PM
RE: Early thoughts on Bell - psychdoctor - 04-18-2019, 04:36 PM