Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Hoping Bengals New Coaches Have Say In Draft & Player Moves
I heard Coach Lewis say he would not have let Whitworth leave.  I heard Coach Lewis say there were other players he wanted more than Ross.  This reminds me of David Shula getting fired saying that Mike Brown doesn't give a Head Coach the opportunity to be a true Head Coach.

So here we are hours before first Draft Day with Coach Taylor.  I tell everybody now that Coach Taylor doesn't have a chance if it is still the Brown Family and this Tobin as a semi-GM calling all the shots as always.  The Bengals and their no play-off wins since Paul Brown died don't have a chance if it is still The Brown Family and their semi GM as always.  You can not have the Brown Family making all the player moves and say to head coaches, " here are the players, no go win with them ".  That doesn't work because often the Brown Family has dealt the head coaches a bad hand, players that no coach could win with.

The only way Bengals can ever become good is for the Head Coach to have Power.  You give the Head Coach a few years to develop HIS team. If it fails, you fire the head coach.  The hope is that it works and the Head Coach brings in players that fit his scheme.  You think that coach in New England has a role in player moves, you bet he does. The Brown Family has to take a giant step back and let Head Coaches have the final say on what team is put on the field. The owners rake in the money and control everything else, but the team on the field must be the Head Coach's job.  I'm for then letting Taylor be a true head coach because what Bengals have done since 1991 hasn't worked at all, not at all.

So as a long time fan, I'm all in on Taylor and these coaches having draft and player move control. I've seen what Brown Family has done since 1991 and it is awful. If the Brown Family again makes the draft picks and player moves and says again to the head coach, " Go win with these guys ", it will fail again, as always.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I'm Hoping Bengals New Coaches Have Say In Draft & Player Moves - kevin - 04-23-2019, 12:05 AM