Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Bengal Draft: Pundits Review
(04-28-2019, 09:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: People were bitching about the Sample pick and I kept saying to trust Taylor and that there must be something that he likes out of him.  His receiving stats weren't that great but he also didn't get that many opportunities.  He was very underutilized but it the prototypical old school tight end that will be perfect for us, especially in our division.  Andy has to be in heaven because he has never had a tight end that's as good of a receiver in the prototypical tight end body like Sample.  

You can't leave Sample in the middle of the field single-covered by a linebacker and a safety has to be playing overtop of AJ at all times, so either you keep both safeties back and let Mixon destroy you or you either let AJ or Sample destroy you.

The fact that we got Pratt a round later also makes the pick that much sweeter.

What? Sample is an inch shorter and weighs the same as Eifert. I loved the pick, I said for weeks that Rams TEs block... but you aren't making sense. 

Sample lacks the ability to separate and isn't a great route runner at this point. Have you read any scouting reports on him?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-sample?id=32195341-4d09-3961-4a51-98a97d3cf50f
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Bengal Draft: Pundits Review - PAjwPhilly - 04-28-2019, 03:40 PM