Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will
(04-28-2019, 01:46 PM)Mobster Wrote: People are just acting like he's some one-dimensional player like Reggie Kelly who's a glorified extra lineman. He's dar from that.

I don't know if I'm the only one here who actually watches Pac 12 games (since I'm an Arizona State fan), but every time I turned on the Pac 12 Network and watched Washington, the commentators talked about this guy. He'd make a couple great plays in the passing game and they'd mention the only reason he gets overlooked as one of the elite TEs is because he's not utilized much in their offense, but they'd also talk about how NFL scouts are well aware of him and how he projects as a prototyical NFL TE that is a rare commodity these days

That's all true and I expect Sample to be a good all-round TE for the Bengals, but Sample himself puts great emphasis on his blocking prowess. He said he would rather make a great block that springs a TD, over catching a TD. That's a guy who takes tremendous pride in blocking. He also stated that he was basically a 6th offensive lineman in high school, playing in the triple option, and that's where his love for blocking came from.

So, while it's true that he brings many other things to the table and isn't simply a one dimensional player, it's not wrong for people to really focus on his blocking talent, because he makes it a point of focus himself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will - Bengalholic - 04-28-2019, 02:49 PM