Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do fans realize Rams offense was run first?
1st thing: If you read scouting reports about the vast majority of the top-end TEs in this draft, you'll find that most of them were not great blockers. Most were just guys that excelled in the passing game. Hockenson was an exception, but he's a top 10 player and not a realistic option.

If they wanted a blocking TE as a major priority, then Sample was probably the guy to get, particularly if they felt that other teams were also looking for a player with that skill set. Maybe they jumped the gun, maybe not. I expect a second rounder to contribute immediately on a roster as weak as ours, so we should find out soon. I miss having Reggie Kelly on the team. I like the idea of having a blocking TE that can get you a catch when called upon. Hopefully Sample is that guy.

2nd thing: Let's just agree to stop with the Rams comparisons. The Rams did a lot of stuff that turned out to be successful. We aren't doing the vast majority of these things. We don't have an all-time great DC. We don't upgrade significantly in FA. At best, we may be able to copy some schematic themes. Otherwise, we aren't working within that blueprint.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do fans realize Rams offense was run first? - samhain - 04-29-2019, 12:19 AM