Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas?
(04-28-2019, 06:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So you are saying you had complete confidence in his coaching staff and you feel like the issue was completely him?

If you have listened to interviews with Lou Anarumo you will have heard that he wants to simplify the playbook and allow guys to go out there and play fast without being in constant thought about what is going on. One of the reasons the Patriots are as good as they are is because the play rather simple schemes on both sides of the ball but they execute them almost to perfection. I think this concept is what we are going to see on defense with Lou.

I think more of the issue with these young backers was a lack of quality coaching because the deficiencies were pretty much across the boards not with individuals.

Where are you getting this from? I never said I had complete confidence in that staff. You can't say I'm putting all the blame on the player while your putting all the blame on the coach. It's all speculation at this point. Hubbard was picked 1 pick before Jefferson and he couldn't stay off the field. Malik struggled in college as well after being highly recruited and it didn't click for him till his Jr season. Is this a trend with this guy or was that coach just an idiot running a complex system too. I never said I liked Haslett, but he is 1 out of 32 NFL LB coaches in the world he's not a complete moron. With that said I'm sure the new coach will simplify it, but who's to say they haven't tried already. I think it could be a combination of running an out dated complex system, Malik being a slow learner, or the fact that the kid just might not be a very good NFL player.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas? - TKUHL - 04-28-2019, 08:56 PM