Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun
I do one of these after every single draft just for fun. I really thought this years draft was actually harder to come up with a re-draft that didn't have me taking over half the same players the Bengals did. This is what I could come up with...what would you have done?

#11 - Jonah Williams - I could consider Haskins in this spot but I thought Jonah was an excellent pick and his versatility along the Offensive Line makes me stick with him here. I think the Bengals have not done Dalton any favors this year and now they have a chance to really evaluate him at his current best ability to see if next year they want to draft a QB or give Dalton an extension.

#52 - D.K. Metcalf - This was by far the hardest pick to select. There were 4 players I would have been fine with if they stayed at the original selection of #42 before trading down. Those guys were Greedy Williams, AJ Brown, Drew Lock, and Irv Smith. Since we did make the trade I went with Metcalf. I know he is a boom or bust pick and can understand exactly why he fell in this draft but I will take the talent.

#72 - Will Grier - Another tough choice because I actually really like Pratt. Since we took a QB in the 4th I will go with Grier just because I had him rated a little higher than Finley and their are still some Linebackers that I will take after this choice and have been happy.

#104 - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Still not sure why this guy fell so far. I like his ability as an excellent cover guy in the slot. I know he is listed as a Safety but he could be the replacement for Dennard after this year easily.

#125 - Ben Burr-Kirven - I would have taken Cashman over Burr-Kirven but knowing how the board falls now then I take BBK before him so that I will land both in this scenario.

#136 - Blake Cashman - Had shoulder issues but tape wise he was my #2 Linebacker in this draft.

#182 - David Long - Keep throwing darts at the draft board at Linebacker to ensure you are upgrading that position. This would have been 3 of my favorite linebackers in the whole draft back to back to back.

#210 - Kris Boyd - A Cornerback I thought would go in the 3rd or 4th round. Good value at this point.

#211 - Mike Weber - I actually really like the Running backs we picked in Williams and Anderson. However, since I went Linebacker instead of Trayveon then I would take Weber over Anderson here because of how often Anderson has been injured at Oklahoma.

#223 - Isaac Nauta - I know the Bengals are high on Sample but I was not that high on him. I would have loved Irv Smith at #42 but they traded down and he was gone. Nauta in the 7th would be a great pick. Thought he was a 3rd or 4th round talent which would be fine as our 3rd tight end for now.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - JungleRock85 - 04-29-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - 3wt - 05-08-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - bfine32 - 05-02-2019, 07:57 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - CJD - 05-02-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - SHRacerX - 05-03-2019, 08:10 AM