Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun
#11 - Jonah Williams (OT) - I would have preferred one of the Linebackers, but given the options at 11, Williams is easily the best choice left for our needs.

#52 - Zach Allen (DE/DT) - I'm going to be honest here. Looking at the players selected between our 2nd and 3rd picks, there really isn't a player I see and think "we gotta have this guy." There's a lot of safeties and slot receivers. Maybe you can go with a Parris Campbell or Andy Isabella, but each had their own concerns and our coaches didn't select a single WR this draft, which tells me they're confident they can resign both Green and Boyd. So instead I went with Zach Allen. The only player I actually felt would get a fair amount of playing time in 2019 or 2020. And even then, I'm not sure. Sternberger or Oliver would have been options at TE, but neither of them is any good at blocking...Ugh. The second round was so weak this year.

#72 - Germaine Pratt (LB) - Nothing to change here. Probably the 3rd or 4th best overall LB in the draft (as pathetic as that may be). The main reason I changed our 2nd round pick because I didn't want to draft the exact same 3 players in the first 3 rounds haha.

#104 - Dru Samia (OG) - I personally like him more than Michael Jordan, but it's close.

#125 - Foster Moreau (TE) - A run blocking tight end at the slot where you'd expect a run blocking TE to be selected.

#136 - Blake Cashman (LB) - I think we needed to double up on LB with players that are more likely to make an immediate impact. Deshaun Davis seems like more of a special teams player to me, as he does not have ideal athletic numbers, whereas Cashman projects as a player that play on defense. Getting him here is a great deal.

#182 - Trayveon Williams (RB) - I personally loved both RB picks in this draft. Williams is Gio's back up and Rodney Anderson is Mixon's back up. They both have their specific roles which they fill very well.

#210 - Kris Boyd (CB) - Between him and Jordan Brown, you can go either way and be fine. I'm only changing it for the sake of not going with the same picks as the Bengals on draft day.

#211 - Rodney Anderson (RB) - Like I said with Williams, I love theses RB picks. I agree with this article: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/5/1/18523739/bengals-draft-rodney-anderson-oklahoma-sooners-football-texas-am-aggies11

#223 - Derwin Gray (OT) - Practice Squad fodder that has potential to be a back up in the future.

Honestly, with the exception of the 2nd round (which, even now, knowing what was available then and what was available later, doesn't even seem that bad), I gotta say I'm pretty stoked with how our draft turned out. Almost half of the picks I changed, I did it purely for the sake of not repeating what the Bengals did (and, honestly, I may yet prefer our actual draft to my own hindsight draft).

I'm essentially sacrificing Finley to upgrade Wren to Allen and side-grading Sample to Moreau, Jordan to Samia, Davis to Cashman and Brown to Boyd.

Good job Bengals!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - JungleRock85 - 04-29-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - 3wt - 05-08-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - bfine32 - 05-02-2019, 07:57 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - CJD - 05-02-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: Hindsight Re-Draft For Fun - SHRacerX - 05-03-2019, 08:10 AM