Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets take a quick thought at how ZT is building the roster
(04-30-2019, 09:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think he did

I'm a firm believer that Mike Brown is still running this team despite all the Katie, Troy, Duke talk. I believe MB let ZT pick his staff with very little resistance. Mike knew changes had to be made and he let him make them.

Duke is not in any real way a GM and let's face it this team is still reeling from the 2015 draft and some decisions made after it. I think Duke's influence has faded a bit from it whether he was responsible for it all or not. I'd say he was heavily involved in the scouting but I think ZT was more in control of the trigger.

I believe the only thing MB put his foot down on was free agency. And this wasn't the greatest of years for free agency anyways. The only real move thus far that I question is Bobby Hart.
You very well could be right. I guess my point is that it’s all speculation. Brown had always been a control freak, then there’s Duke, then there’s the Katie transition. I just don’t think there’s any proof that these are strictly ZT picks. I’m positive that he had input but I doubt very much that the other three just said... here, go ahead. He is a rookie coach.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets take a quick thought at how ZT is building the roster - Circleville Guy - 04-30-2019, 07:58 PM