Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Getting really tired of J. Votto
(05-02-2019, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There has always been a section of the fans that have hated him for being over paid even when he was playing well.

I definitely don’t hate Votto, he’s had a great career and who wouldn’t take the money if the team is gonna pay it? The Reds got all antsy with the MVP season. There were still years left on his contract and it’s never smart to negotiate with an MVP if you don’t have to. I was one of the few that didn’t like the contract extension as it happened. They locked up a great player but long term, guaranteed contracts are always VERY risky. Most people only see the immediate future and don’t even consider the last half of the contract. Time can fly by though and that time is already here. Time seems to go faster when things are going well and it seems to drag when things are going bad. Because of the contract, the team is basically screwed if Votto isn’t much better than mediocre. The saying is not to put all of your eggs in one basket. Votto would have been crazy not to sign that contract and the Reds probably sacrificed 5 years of winning to sign him. I’d never begrudge anyone for taking the money, the team will pay the price in wins though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting really tired of J. Votto - Circleville Guy - 05-02-2019, 08:01 PM