Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For you factoid fans..
Did you know.....that when a game in MLB is forfeited (under certain circumstances of course) the score will always be 9-0, one run for each inning(s) of 9 regardless of the actual score of the game upon it being declared forfeited. The winner of course gets the 9 even if it's a no-hitter against them.. The losers?  Nothing and a lot of anguish..
I was reading about the now infamous 10 cent beer night in Cleveland back in the 70s when a riot broke out and both teams had to defend themselves against the drunken mobs with bats.. http://www.espn.com/espn/page1/story?page=beernight/080604
Some mean part of me almost wishes it had happened in Cincinnati, but hey, it's Cleveland. We don't live in Cleveland as Sam Wyche reminds us.. lol

I love the odd stories of baseball..

After checking with baseballrulesacademy.com I guess the above is BS.. I was lead o believe the above by an erroneous writer.. No wait...You can't be erroneous on the internet! That's against the internet rules! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
For you factoid fans.. - grampahol - 05-02-2019, 05:41 AM
RE: For you factoid fans.. - grampahol - 05-02-2019, 01:59 PM