Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRaft Grades AFCN - Guess who is #1
(05-03-2019, 06:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They think Bush was the best pick? Even taking into account what it cost them? Not sure I agree with that one.

Glad we’re getting some love though. I’ve made my peace with taking Sample where we did at this point, and other than not getting at least one more LB I’m fairly hopeful about this draft.

Everyone thinks the trade for Bush was about beating us and of course that was part of it, but I also think the Steelers organization is legit afraid of Lamar Jackson. At this point, to me, that's an overreaction. I think we can still beat Baltimore even knowing that Lamar will probably try to test our linebackers. He completes less than 60% of his passes and fumbles a lot when he runs (so far he has recovered a lot of those but eventually it is going to be a problem for them). I'm just not sold on him yet. 

Anyways, I think we will have a better run defense this year, even without a flashy draft pick. Good coaching, previous year's picks getting better, and maybe some contribution from the current draft should all help the linebacker corp. And meanwhile I think the DLine will have a really strong year. It is hard not to love Dunlap/Hubbard/(healthy) Lawson on the outside and Geno and whomever is or next best guy on the inside. I know that's no different from last year but another year of experience should especially help some of those DTs improve (I want to believe that Billings will jump from average to something special sometime soon). 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DRaft Grades AFCN - Guess who is #1 - BoomerFan - 05-04-2019, 06:12 AM