Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRaft Grades AFCN - Guess who is #1
(05-03-2019, 02:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are going to kick ass this year and some know it. Some refuse to see it. I think someone forget to notify most of the doubting Thomas's that Marvin is gone. We are our best when under the radar.

Agreed 100%.  

Looking at the reasons for the Bengals last three years of "duds", I put it on a couple major issues:

One, injuries.  Sure, they are a part of the NFL, but losing your QB, never really getting your starting LB going and losing the other two starters....add in losing Eifert, Green, and some other pieces here and there and you had a couple really big holes in the roster.  One way to help avoid that issue is to improve the depth of talent so a starter going down doesn't cripple you.  Right now, my only really big concern is with the LB corps.  I would love to see one more veteran added to the roster....Derron Lee?  The offensive line got a major boost with the addition of Jonah Williams and Michael Jordan.  The running back room is getting very interesting.  

The other major issue was coaching.  Not trying to pile on old Marv, but the scheme ran by Austin last year was pathetic.  The offensive scheme was predictable as well after losing Hue Jackson.  Also, although it isn't really coaching as much as approach to the draft and FA, but I love that they finally seemed to focus on character guys that love football.  This will be glossed over and hard to quantify, but listening to Mo Egger's multiple guests (former coaches, etc) discuss the players from this draft it is clear that many of them are leaders and high character guys.

I can't wait to see what our offense looks like and I have high hopes that the defense will be more aggressive than in years past.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DRaft Grades AFCN - Guess who is #1 - SHRacerX - 05-07-2019, 07:49 AM