Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I still have hope for Jordan Willis
Over the past two years, I've seen a lot of criticism on Jordan Willis, the DE from K St that was drafted in the 3rd round in 2017.
He was outproduced by Lawson in 2017 and then Sam Hubbard last year.
I'm here to provide my reasoning for why he shouldn't be discounted already just because others have produced more immediately.
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/4/10/15242190/jordan-willis-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2017-tools-kansas-state-pass-rusher-defensive-end-

As you will gather from reading the link above, Willis has the desired athleticism and college production that made him a quality selection in the 2017 NFL draft. The biggest worry was that he didn't always display that athleticism when pads were on. However, I think the article does a good job explaining that he didn't display much "bend" on tape because he didn't really have a good plan of attack when rushing the passer. He just typically tried to bully through the OL using his power and speed. And while it worked in college, he needed more to be able to succeed in the NFL.

The article mentions too that the likeliest way to fix this is through coaching technique and strategy. I think that if this can be overcome with the new coaching staff, Willis could emerge as a good base 4-3 DE that could even swing inside as nickel DT given he's up to 275 lbs now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why I still have hope for Jordan Willis - ochocincos - 05-07-2019, 02:39 PM