Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I still have hope for Jordan Willis
(05-10-2019, 07:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: More wrong...and your rant on accepting mediocrity is just pissing in to the wind.  You may be tired of losing and many of us are as well, but attacking fans that support players that had minimal opportunities like Willis is just plain dumb.

Willis wasn't drafted just to be a pass rush terror.  First of all, he played more LDE in college than RDE.  He was very assignment-sound in terms of defending the run in a large number of read-option offenses in the Big 12.  When he was given the green light to rush the passer, that is where you saw his strength and speed.  He is a very coachable player.  He was referred to at Kansas State as "the epitome of what they are doing with their program" by their coach.  He was never selfish about getting a stat, but he always played his assignments and was a team-first guy.

That seems a lot like what Taylor has been seeking in his first draft.  

Willis is far from done, and I think he would be better off (and Dunlap, too, with fewer snaps to stay fresher) if they left him in a platoon with Dunlap at LDE.  

And just one question for you:  Why Willis?  What about the the LB Jefferson?  WR Josh Malone?  LB Vigil?  DT Billings?  None of these guys seem to have been setting the world on fire and with the exception of Jefferson, all got more chances than Willis.  If memory serves, Willis had an injury right of the start at last season as well.  

He will get his shot this year, with no DEs drafted, and we will see what he can do...
Jefferson was essentially a project when he was drafted.
I expexted very little contribution from him.

Malone Ive been critical of.I questioned his overall desire to be great. 

Vigil Ive been more than critical of. never was a fan of his play.
he amasss alot of tackles but not much else.
I find him looking at the backs of TEs too much. 

Billings showed some growth laat year. 

but when you look at the moat important positions on a team
Its QB LT DE CB.
Jordan Willis was drafted for his ability to get after the QB
and his "motor" 
hes a 4 cylinder when you need a 7.3 Powerstroke at tbat position 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I still have hope for Jordan Willis - impactplaya - 05-10-2019, 09:20 AM