Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
Be careful of the fake news manipulating you.

They hate Dalton and want nothing more to replace him. They've beat the dead horse over the last 8 years. However. Dalton for all of his faults, has led his team to far greater heights then some of the NFL and media darlings who still underachieve and haven't led their teams to nearly the success as Dalton. This isn't about the team, it's about the qb and who the media has given time to and who the media (Dalton) has deemed needing replaced since his 3rd season in the league.

So let's take a look at some of the media darlings who have had chance after chance after chance to succeed without the calls for him to get cut and replaced.

Matt Stafford - Really people. A strong arm and that has bought him all these years without calls for Detroit to get a new QB? Need I say more.

Marcus Marriota - Rarely do they speak ill of him or call for him to be replaced. Mock QB's to them each year. Even though he's accomplished nothing and far less then Dalton.

James Winston - need I say more. They've been calling for Dalton to be replaced since 2014. 4 years into his career. Mariota and Winston are young, but well past the point in their careers Dalton was taking serious heat. Did making the playoff's 5 times in a roll hurt Dalton more than these qb's who can't even sniff the playoffs but get the benefit of doubt by the media?

Kirk Cousins. They would be outraged if Dalton commanded (and got) the contract he got. Cousins was always Dalton-lite, without the success. But somehow the media has led folks to believe he's the better qb. Not sure what he's done for his teams to give them that idea, but the media pushed it and it's "fact" now.

Joe Flacco. Ok. He's got the ring and the mega playoff run. But I'd take Dalton over him (as many of us probably would given what we've seen from Flacco over the last 5 years. However, I don't think the MSM considers him the better QB. He is.

I would throw Carr into this mix, as he hasn't led his to much outside of a 12-4 season which is great, but I think Carr is getting (well they didn't draft a qb, so maybe not) the raw end of the deal with the way Gruden seems to be not sold. Carr still has potential, and I think the media still thinks highly of him even if they think Gruden doesn't. Either way, Dalton has had a more successful winning percentage and career.

Matt Ryan - I'd argue his teams have underachieved under him more than they've reached their potential. Is Ryan to blame for this? Maybe not, but Daltons the blame for everything so we must be fair. Ryan is overpaid and overrated.

Cam Newton - A better athlete then Dalton, yes, a better QB? He had his superbowl run, but like Ryan, his teams underachieved more than they reached their potential.

The rest of the qb's are solid or relatively new and shouldn't be judged so quickly (even though Dalton was judged after 2 straight playoff losses in back to back years to start his career) while some of these young qb's haven't even had a winning record let alone a playoff appearance in their first 2 years, but let's be fair and give them the time Dalton was never allocated.

Other qb's over the years were media darlings with far less success (Bradford). Many were crowned Kaep, RGIII and aren't even in the league anymore (for whatever reasons) or barely holding on to spots.. Cutler was another one that had to retire and the media still hadn't turned on him after years of underachieving.

It's time to circle the wagon around Dalton for this year, and not let the media manipulate us into thinking Dalton is a bad qb while turning a blind critical eye to these other qb's with far less career success (team or otherwise).

This is another "Dalton" thread, but it's really a thread about how the media has manipulated people to think Dalton is such a bad qb, while letting these other qb's with far less team success get away with not taking the blame for the underachieving teams.

Folks will say the qb doesn't win or lose games. They only say that with some of these other media darlings. When it comes to Dalton, it's always been on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If I told you once, I told you twice... - jj22 - 05-07-2019, 05:05 PM