Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
(05-07-2019, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no.

4300 yds, 30 tds, 70.4 completion percentage, and 99.7 passer rating.

Cousins was not the problem in Minnesota last year.

He's the QB and he couldn't only dream to have lead his team to (a Marvin Lewis lead team at that!) 5 consecutive playoff runs. Maybe it'll come but it hasn't yet.

Intangibles. Somethings missing with him. Maybe his stats will keep him around the league long, but winning is what counts. Stafford has the stats, many of the qb's have better stats, but if your team is winning (mostly, although the last 3 years has been rough). Then that's the only stat that matters.

Would you take "Franchise QB" stats (Stafford, Bradford, Cutler, Flacco etc) and sacrifice the wins?

We had one in Palmer and what did that get us.

Stat's impress the media and that's why they turn a blind eye to the lack of team success for these qb's, but winning should be what fans want.

Stafford is the one that had me wondering why the media's mind was so made up about Dalton. Why weren't they mocking qb's to Detroit? Why has he got such a long leash with them. I used to think the same about Bradford and Cutler.

People would argue they were better than Dalton. But if their teams couldn't consistently win.... Then you take the QB who can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I told you once, I told you twice... - jj22 - 05-07-2019, 08:47 PM