Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
(05-08-2019, 10:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton has only had 2 losing seasons in his 8 year career. And not because of a bunch of 8-8 seasons that can be claimed as no losing seasons. That has to mean something. It would for any other qb. It's unprecedented really.

The media wants us to get rid of the qb that only had 2 losing season in 8 years. Think about that for a second. Never would they demand that from another franchise. Never would they be mocking new qb's to the team whose qb had that track record. Fans shouldn't fall for it.

I don't mind us within the jungle discussing Dalton and even wanting to move on from him. But we shouldn't let the media determine that given Daltons record with the team and the fact there are teams with far worse records who should in theory then need a new qb. But don't nearly get the hate Dalton gets.

Dalton has had three losing seasons in his eight year career. He has had three straight losing seasons. Matt Ryan has had three losing seasons in 11 years with multiple playoff wins and a SB appearance. Cam has had five losing seasons in eight seasons, but this is the issue with judging QBs based off of wins alone. Cam isn’t the reason they are losing all of those games, nor is he he reason why they are winning all those games. You can’t do it alone in football. The same goes for Dalton. Dalton is a fine QB, and I do like him and think Cincinnati can have success with him.

While I wouldn’t say Dalton alone has been the reason Cincinnati has lost in the playoffs, he has put up stinkers in every game. He gets credit for leading Cincinnati there, but he has hasn’t delivered in the playoffs. If he can do that, the respect will come.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I told you once, I told you twice... - KillerGoose - 05-08-2019, 12:14 PM