Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If I told you once, I told you twice...
(05-08-2019, 10:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, when you haven't won a playoff game in 27+ years...you're not going to get a ton of positive media attention. I'd say, anecdotally that we have one of the smallest fan bases in the NFL too.

I do agree with the OP that guys like Winston are overrated.

Dalton is good enough to win with IF the Bengals can surround him with an offensive line and weapons at the skill positions. They have the weapons at the skill positions. The offensive line is a work in progress.

I think a good offensive line is what separates most QB's in the NFL from being good or just average. There are a few guys that seem to be able to transcend that though like Aaron Rodgers. But, even he doesn't win consistently.

This is key, unless you're a sure fire HOFer.  I always see the weapons argument, but folks seem to forget when we went 10-5-1 in 2014 with a MASH unit at all of the receiving options.  Eifert was out, Marvin Jones was out, Gresham played hurt, AJ Green missed significant time, and there was a stretch were Mo Sanu was our WR1.  Dalton put up 252 yards and a TD with Sanu, Sanznebacher, and Tate as his primary targets and won 24-10 against ATL.  We hobbled into Indy with Rex Burkhead as WR2 in the playoffs.  He had 25 TDs passing, 5 or 6 rushing, and even caught a TD pass.  That said, the oline played pretty well that season, even with Bodine as the C.  THAT was the difference.  In 2015, with a top 10 oline, AND his weapons, he was surgical in his dissection of defenses.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I told you once, I told you twice... - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-10-2019, 12:02 PM