Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Adam Schein Andy has career year!
(05-15-2019, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I guess to me it comes down to instead of adding 3 mediocre guys...why not add a Saffold and LJ Fort who address needs?

I feel like we could have waited Hart out and signed him cheaper. Of course, we'll never know that either way.

But, I feel like getting Jonah Williams was a stroke of great luck that negates the bad Hart signing in some ways. Lets hope he turns into a Pro Bowl tackle for the next 12 years. And lets also hope that Price becomes a Top 15 Center this year. IF those 2 things happen, our line is looking good for the future.

And I do expect Price to take a giant leap forward this year.

That would have been nice, and those guys didn't command a lot of coin when the dust settled.

I agree there as well, although the deal isn't as bad as it initially looked on the surface.  It still looks like a kind of panic insurance policy reaction.

I actually think Jonah was the target all along.  I mean, Bush wasn't even hugging Goofball when the pick was in for us....lol.  I think something major will have to happen for Williams NOT to pan out.  This guy has all of the tools, AND the intangibles.  I hate to jinx us, but he absolutely looks the part.  If Williams is the real deal, Glenn can just stay healthy, Price improves, and Miller plays at least mostly penalty free football, we should see nice improvement.  A HUGE problem with the line last year was drive killing penalties.

I do as well, he'll have a full offseason of lifting and practices this season, and year of play under his belt.  That should pay dividends. Hopefully.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Adam Schein Andy has career year! - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-15-2019, 03:02 PM