Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Adam Schein Andy has career year!
(05-15-2019, 03:46 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Not trying to sound preachy here but when you hear how the bengals have something like 30 mil under the cap some year because they are waiting to extend guys next year it gives off the PERCEPTION that winning may be less important.  I won’t fault anyone for eternal optimism but my orange colored glasses aren’t on all the time.  Not saying yours are.

If I have to choose between resigning Green and Boyd or signing any of the guys in last years FA market, I know which one I'm taking. To me the inactivity in FA is more an indication that they've got a more long term strategy in mind and I've said as much. Otherwise you end up like the Reds - a lot of splashy offseason moves, sure, but it's lead to nothing so far and most of these guys are going to be gone in a year. The Bengals MO has always been to develop and keep their own best guys while building through the draft and that's what they're doing. I think a lot of people want to spend money just to see them spend money, but that doesn't make it the right course of action.

The time to make a splash in FA is in an offseason after a season like 2015, when you're right there but haven't quite gotten over the hump, not when you're coming off a 6-10 season and integrating a brand new coaching staff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Adam Schein Andy has career year! - NKURyan - 05-15-2019, 04:44 PM