Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Adam Schein Andy has career year!
(05-15-2019, 04:44 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If I have to choose between resigning Green and Boyd or signing any of the guys in last years FA market, I know which one I'm taking. To me the inactivity in FA is more an indication that they've got a more long term strategy in mind and I've said as much. Otherwise you end up like the Reds - a lot of splashy offseason moves, sure, but it's lead to nothing so far and most of these guys are going to be gone in a year. The Bengals MO has always been to develop and keep their own best guys while building through the draft and that's what they're doing. I think a lot of people want to spend money just to see them spend money, but that doesn't make it the right course of action.

The time to make a splash in FA is in an offseason after a season like 2015, when you're right there but haven't quite gotten over the hump, not when you're coming off a 6-10 season and integrating a brand new coaching staff.

But I’m not talking specifically about this year. I agree aj and Boyd merit extensions and would take priority over this years free agent class.

But all too often I fall into the trap of I’d like to see the bengals sign (as an example, insert other name here) cj Mosley. Then I see the deal and I’m like damn, I’m glad they didn’t sign him to that deal. Then I see the salary cap rise every and that deal may not seem so bad.

I also agree with splash free agent signing for that one good player at a position of need to get us over the hump. But even then, when did the bengals make that move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Per Adam Schein Andy has career year! - BenZoo2 - 05-16-2019, 11:58 AM