Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of improvements can we expect in player development from coaching?
(05-09-2019, 12:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Coaching matters and there's little doubt about it. Has ZT pushed the right buttons with the staff ? Hard to say at this point.

But I believe even taking it a step further ZT and Co. need to change the culture here, this team has to learn how to win ! We've all seen ML standing on the sidelines with the 1,000 yard stare going on watching yet another Bengals implosion with no idea how to stop the bleeding, anytime the heat was truly on.

Can ZT and staff give this team the confidence they never had under ML ?

I think all this talk of "culture" and "motivation" and "pushing buttons" is mostly BS.

If a team is getting beaten on the field the coach has to make some change in scheme or personnel.  I don't believe jumping up and down and saying "Yipee!! You can do it!" or pitching a hissy fit makes any difference at all.  It might help some high school kids, but I don't see it working with grown men.

There have been great coaches who were very fiery and there have been great coaches who were stoic.  There have been terrible coaches who were very emotional and terrible coaches who were very stoic.  At the NFL level coaching is about being smarter not about emotional speeches or squealing louder.

The only way a coach can motivate a team is to show them that he has the brains to help them win.  And the best coaches win in the week before a game instead of on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What type of improvements can we expect in player development from coaching? - fredtoast - 05-09-2019, 01:13 PM