Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of improvements can we expect in player development from coaching?
(05-09-2019, 09:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I occasionally read on the boards that changing coaches will help player development. Kind of like ZT will sprinkle his magic fairy dust over the roster and our Madden ratings will raise from 59 to 73.

This isn't new. Last year, Pollack was expected to do the same thing with the offensive line. It's really hard to compare the work he did though because the line had 4 new starters (Hart/Redmond/Price/Glenn). The line was slightly better than the year before, but still a bottom 5 offensive line.

Then, there was Austin. He was brought in to revive the defense after Guenther left and we saw that disaster unfold. The thing is, Austin was fairly well regarded around the league as a young defensive mind.

Then, Lazor took over for Zampese. Once, again...let the lazor show begin! The offense was good at times early last year, but when Eifert got hurt the wheels came off.

What improvements can we realistically expect as far as player development from these new coaches? Should we expect 800 yards from Ross? 100 Tackles from Jefferson? 6 sacks from Billings?

We will see, all i know is coaching changes needed to be made and Austin and Haslett were two of the worst coaches i have ever seen. Kind of hard not to be an upgrade after what we saw last year and i like Lou's resume and love Tem's. The Offense should be much better with a better O-line with Jonah Williams on it and an Offensive minded coach.

Ross might make the jump in his 3rd year with Taylor working with him who worked with the young Receivers with the Rams in Kupp and company. Callahan is a good Offensive mind.

I liked hearing that Billings improved last season as the year went on. The dude is still young and should come around. He needs to use his hands a little better and guide the Guard out of the play and prevent the Guard from washing him out. This is what i see with Billings he needs to learn to read the play so he can utilize his crazy strength.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What type of improvements can we expect in player development from coaching? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-10-2019, 02:25 PM