Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish themselves
(05-12-2019, 03:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see you are not used to how certain members here spin everything to shit on the Bengals.

Like you said, lots of teams would have made the exact same move.  The stategy was not the problem.  The problem was the execution.  The replacement they drafted was a bust.

But it is not good enough for people to just say Mike Bropwn is not smart at football.  Instead they have to make him evil and greedy.

Being 'not smart at football' is kind of a big thing if you own a team and refuse to hire a GM and call the shots.

As far as the greedy part...there have been stories written about the lack of practice facility. The stadium deal that the county largely pays. How the Bengals ration deodorant and Gatorade. How Ki-Jana Carter had to buy towels for the team.

I do think that the Bengals spend a decent portion of their salary cap, but when you ration Gatorade and deodorant for players and that gets out...it's REALLY HARD to change the perception that you are cheap.

I don't think he's evil. I think he's probably a very caring guy. Family-oriented. He gives players 2nd and 3rd chances that I don't know if I would.

As for Whitworth and most teams doing the same. He had 3 or 4 offers so atleast some teams wanted him. Remember the talk that the Bengals were telling people at the combine that he was going to stay? To say the execution is an understatement.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish... - THE PISTONS - 05-12-2019, 05:32 PM