Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish themselves
(05-13-2019, 03:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pretty sure he meant Joseph, but Hall was with the Raiders last year.

Whether or not those guys are out of the league now means very little when talking about 2017. They were relevant players at the time, and considered decent signings. Whit's money alone is something we don't do with exterior free agents. Those other guys, like I said, would be jewels of a Bengals FA class, unfortunately.

I don't think the Rams turned it around primarily due to those signings...I definitely give McVay and his staff most of that credit, but I would like to see a free agency where we signed one really good player and several decent ones. We have not had a free agency of that caliber since 2003.

It's hard to say what he meant.  He mentioned Whitworth twice, for Pete's sake.

The point is that most of those were James Harrison/Karlos Dansby type signings of 30+ year old names with little to nothing left.  We routinely crap on those type of signings, but because someone else did it, they are great moves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike says Dalton should "re-establish himself" but FO needs to establish... - Whatever - 05-13-2019, 04:26 PM