Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample, Wesco or _______? Who's the next Vance McDonald?
(05-10-2019, 10:11 AM)Synric Wrote: Trevon Wesco is a fullback that can line up and block as a TE. He reminds me of that Steelers Fullback from a few years back Will Johnson (from WVU).

Drew Sample is a real in-line TE-Y. He has a chance to be someone like Jermaine Gresham or Heath Miller...Sample already has the inline blocking and blocking in space down. Now he will he will have work on his release off the line, his release in play action, sinking his hips as cuts in a route to create a little extra burst, and of course using that big frame to box out defenders.

One plus he has natural hands and decent body control.

This is what i see, Wesco is more of an H-Back and doesn't have that Receiving TE in him that i can see in Sample if he is used correctly. Sample just needs to get off the line more quickly and learn to run crisp routes. Big weapon for Dalton in the middle of the field that will help out the O-line and the running game to boot. Heath Miller is the exact type of TE i compare Drew Sample to.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sample, Wesco or _______? Who's the next Vance McDonald? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-10-2019, 02:12 PM