Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/4 of the season is already over
42 games, man that flew by. This murders row should cost the hitting coach his job, 42 games is too long to hit this bad as a team.

Barnhart .167
Votto. .207
Peraza. .207
Puig. .212
Senzel. .217
Winker. .219
Farmer. .231
Dietrich. .233
Suarez. .252
Iglesias. .289
Casali. .291

Calling for a man’s job is a drastic thing but this season is now 1/4 of the way over and he has to grade out as an F at this point. What else is there to do? Do you give him 50 or 60 games? I think that if they wait till the AllStar break, it will be too late for the philosophy change to matter. I really think that Bell has to land these guys in a set batting order and let them try to get into a routine groove too. Musical chairs isn’t working. I think it’s past time for management to, well manage. They need to lay down the law before the Reds are playing meaningless games with half of the year left again. I tried to get a couple of buddies to go down but they don’t want to make the drive with this kind of showing. It’ll just turn in to an abyss if they don’t start putting some wins on the board. I’m back into the boat of not making the drive myself. It’s been too many losing seasons. Once apathy sets in, an above .500 team won’t bring most fans back. They’re gonna need a Championship type of a team if this season slips into another 90 loss team. I’m pretty much broken hearted as a fan tonight because I realize that there probably hasn’t been a worse team in baseball over the last 5 years than the Reds. I’m a fan of the Reds and Bengals and both teams have given me way more crappy memories than good ones. I’m a fan of both sports and I’m not a fair weather fan and that equates to year after year of anger towards 2 ownerships that won’t go all in to win. It’s always half measures and terrible personnel decisions. I live in between Cincinnati and Cleveland, I’m actually closer to Cincinnati but almost everyone around here use to be Reds fans but are now Indians fans. The Bengals fans are all switching to Browns fans. I’m a die hard but it looks like Cincinnati would fight harder to keep its fanbase. Oh well, hope you enjoyed my aggravated and disappointed post.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
1/4 of the season is already over - Circleville Guy - 05-15-2019, 12:58 AM