Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Tried To Do Something Nice For Dayton Ohio
It was on the Dayton Ohio TV News last week that Bengals were trying to have a practice in Dayton Ohio and also give Dayton a new turf field. The site was to be Dayton Triangle Park where many moons ago there was a Pro team Dayton Triangles. As I heard this on TV, it sounded like great news. Then came the usual Dayton Ohio confusion. Special Interest groups rose up against Bengals putting the turf field there, and same Special Interest group said Dayton should tear down Dayton Art Museum. So in spite of nonsense that is often Dayton Ohio, The Cincinnati Bengals DID try to do something nice for the Dayton area. At same time Dayton not sure if they are keeping Welcome Stadium where Dayton Flyers and high schools play, they may tear it down, so not a new turf option.

I called Cincinnati Bengals and thanked them for trying to build this turf field for Dayton Ohio. I suggested since Dayton turning this into a hard thing to do, that instead visit Dayton Childrens Hospital as Reds do on Reds Caravan. Maybe have a practice at Stebbins High next to Air Base and Children Hospital. I-75 to Rt 4 takes them right there. The Bengals told me Andy Dalton was just at Dayton Childrens Hospital last week. Bengals said it was a good suggestion. The Childrens Hospital would love to see The Bengals and it would be a good thing for all involved. Pictures of Reds Caravan at Dayton Childrens Hospital show the smiles on the kids. I suggested forgetting a Dayton turf field gift and instead Bengals bearing gifts for kids at Childrens Hospital & lets see a special interest group argue with that one.

So Bengals did try to do something nice for Dayton Ohio, but things got goofy on Dayton's end. They are still looking at doing something nice in Dayton. The Cincinnati Bengals are trying to do good things in communities and deserve credit for that. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Tried To Do Something Nice For Dayton Ohio - kevin - 05-20-2019, 02:11 AM