Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson Didn't Know The Ravens Were Installing A New Offense!
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Apparently, he showed up to camp and they just surprised him with an entirely new offense!

Quote:With the Ravens hiring a new offensive coordinator this year, it probably shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone in Baltimore that the team would be installing a new offense this offseason, but apparently, no one told Lamar Jackson.
When Jackson showed up for the team's first round of offseason training activities (OTAs) last week, the Ravens quarterback literally had no idea that he was going to be spending his week implementing a new offense.
More NFL
Top 25 NFL players under age 25: Mahomes No. 1 in landslide, Mayfield finishes as third-highest ranked QB
"Coming in, I didn't know we would have a totally different offense," Jackson admitted, via the Ravens' official website. "When I got here, coach was like, 'Yea, we have a totally new system. You're going to have go through this and that.' It's been getting to me a little bit."
Although the Ravens offense ranked ninth in the NFL in yards per game last season, the team still decided to dump offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg after Baltimore's 23-17 playoff loss to the Chargers. To replace Mornhinweg, the Ravens brought in Greg Roman, who basically decided to start over from scratch, which means Jackson had to learn on the fly last week, and apparently, it doesn't sound like he got off to a hot start.
"I'd say, my first day, I sucked. Second day, I did better. Today, it was all right but it could've been better," Jackson said, via ESPN.com. "I'm always trying to be perfect in practice."

You'd think that he'd pay attention to all this and be interested in the team's future!

There's more in the link, but I love it because Jackson's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I'm pretty sure that he's going to struggle this year!

It's going to be a long year for Ravens' fans!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lamar Jackson Didn't Know The Ravens Were Installing A New Offense! - BFritz21 - 05-27-2019, 12:18 AM