Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanner Roark Extension?
I'm not stoked on Greene either unless he comes back next year and blows everyone away, but so far he hasn't done that at any level in the low minor leagues much less big leagues.. Drafting a kid pitcher that high and toss in TJ surgery? That sounds like a pig in a poke.. Should have gone with a strong college arm or better college hitters like Senzel, but they wiffed as far as I can tell so far with Greene. I may be wrong, but unless he develops big next year it'll be just another shot in the dark that didn't pan out. 
I don't know where Roark will be next year, but I'm betting it isn't with the Reds. I'm pretty much done with Diso at this point. Mahle on the other hand still holds a lot of promise. When he's on he's very good. He just needs to learn to be more consistent in starts.
I just don't see the Reds playing big money ball any time soon. They've really lucked out with  waver wire and low end free agent hitters a few times of late, but I doubt Iglesias will be back and Dietrich? Who knows? He's still here one more season. Iglesias hired a new agent this year after the minor league offer so he'll be looking to get paid well for his services. I don't know the Reds can match the big money teams to keep him.. I don't know how Santillan will pan out. A 3.xx era in AAA doesn't bode well to me for the bigs..Sims might be another story. We'll see..
Just because fans want the team to make trades doesn't mean they'll get the players we want. Pitchers are so unpredictable.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Tanner Roark Extension? - Circleville Guy - 05-27-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - bengalfan74 - 05-27-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - samhain - 05-28-2019, 01:14 AM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - psychdoctor - 05-28-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - kevin - 06-02-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Tanner Roark Extension? - grampahol - 06-02-2019, 06:19 PM