Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mow de lawn
The hose on this property was already here from the previous owner, but the pump cost me about $100 and the 1" PVC pipe to the lake about $25. What really surprised me was the pump is able to draw all the water up from about 25 feet of PVC piping that distance and then all the way up to the front of the yard and then throw water about 20 or so feet from the sprinkler head itself.
One of the downsides is having to drag the hose around each time and it's especially bad right before I have to move the hose out of the way right before mowing. 
Everyone has the brilliant ideas to install pipes all over the place so I don't have to drag the hose around, but they never realize that I'd still have to drag hose around not to mention how ugly a few hundred feet of pvc pipe might be all around the yard.. It's almost like they're saying, "Here's the most possible impractical way to do it and it'll save you all kinds of time being extraordinarily impractical!" 
Oh well.. Next on my agenda is chopping down all kinds of bushes around the yard. In the back alone we have 5 of those big, red bushes that grow about 20 feet every few years. Two years ago I cut them down to about 4 feet so they looked like stumps. Two years later they're already about 24 feet high in places and every bit of the cut branches has to be disposed of. Luckily here the county picks up cut brush from the curb every Wednesday. We thought about a chipper, but then I'd have to find somewhere to put a small mountain of that stuff every time..
As it is now we have about 34 oversized bushes around the yard and they all need to be resized.. I'd be happy to have every one of them removed, but then the yard would look way too bare in a neighborhood full of bushes and trees.. That doesn't even mention the wild trees and bushes that pop up and grow in areas difficult to get to. I used to cut those all out, but they grow too fast and too hard to get to..So the yard kind of looks like a nice, green lawn surrounded by a strip of jungle on two sides.. Here in South Carolina things grow REALLY fast..  To make it worse is the left side of the yard is becoming overgrown with wild vines strangling things out, but not enough to kill them..
It would really help if I could just be about 25 years younger.. Any suggestions on that front? Too late to start raising kids to do the work of the old man.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mow de lawn - grampahol - 06-02-2019, 01:03 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - HarleyDog - 06-02-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - sandwedge - 06-03-2019, 01:49 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - fredtoast - 06-03-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - XenoMorph - 06-03-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - grampahol - 06-07-2019, 12:14 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - fredtoast - 06-07-2019, 12:24 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - grampahol - 06-07-2019, 01:01 PM
RE: Mow de lawn - grampahol - 06-07-2019, 01:05 PM