Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man..... "blank" these guys....
(06-03-2019, 10:25 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The experts are basing opinions like these off of:

1:  Mike Brown still pays himself a GM salary.

2:  The team did nothing on FA to move the needle.  No major holes were fixed.

3:  The Draft went with holes at the weakest roster position (LB) still evident

4:  The new HC has never been a HC, and has only briefly ever been a OC at the college/pro level

5:  The coaching staff vacancy process was a dumpster fire.

6:  The Steelers own the Bengals

7:  The Browns improved more than any other team in the Division, and have the youngest, most-talented roster of any AFC North team.  It’s the Browns I know, but you can’t argue the talent.

8:  The Ravens upgraded offensive weaponry, added some talent on defense, and made the Playoffs last year.

All of which adds up to a last place prognostication and a 6-10 record.  My guess is 7-9.

And if one looks at the above in an entirely "unbiased" manner, nothing in the above is untrue.

Let's not forget that we, the fans, tend to look at the Bengals through homer glasses (well, most of us, anyway). This season's W-L record doesn't mean much to me. What I want to see, is that the team plays hard every week and that the team plays smart every week.

Blowouts will happen ... they do every year in the HFL. Losses to bad teams will happen ... they do every year in the NFL. Injuries will happen ... they do every year in the NFL.

But if we're getting blown out, it will mean more to me if the players and staff aren't giving up.

If we're losing to a bad team, it will mean more to me if the players keep fighting to the end, and that the staff are making smart decisions to try to win.

If our injuries begin to pile up, it will mean more to me if our backups play hard and progressively get better during their time as replacements.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Man..... "blank" these guys.... - Sled21 - 06-03-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Man..... "blank" these guys.... - McC - 06-03-2019, 05:20 PM
RE: Man..... "blank" these guys.... - McC - 06-03-2019, 05:18 PM
RE: Man..... "blank" these guys.... - PV Bengal - 06-04-2019, 10:43 AM