Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rise up losers.. Your day is never coming!
While I agree with most of what you said Beaker I've never bought into the nonsense of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. Lots of things probably won't kill you, but don't necessarily make you stronger either.. Get your legs run over by a train for example..eat a nearly fatal dose of poison...They don't necessarily make you stronger.. Hello..spinal cord injuries anyone?  
But yeah..let those kids have their scuffles, fights and let em play with a stick in the mud.. it won't hurt em.. My dad used to make us go outside to "get the stink blown off us"..
I'm pretty sure my wifes grandsons are made of fine glass.. To my knowledge they've never had to experience disappointment other than both parents being functional drunks..The oldest just graduated and still has no desire to move out on his own or even learn to drive a car..
I can't even imagine being his age with so few desires to experience the world around him.. Come to think about it I doubt either one has ever experienced a sunburn ..They might think they've caught on fire and are going to die from just a mild sunburn..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rise up losers.. Your day is never coming! - grampahol - 06-09-2019, 11:28 AM