Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN
(06-09-2019, 03:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's easy to emote with your heart about your team and have hope.

It's harder when your head gets into it.

Browns make big changes and improve.

Bengals make only minor changes, some of which have questionable improvement value, so you have to kind of wonder if your hope should be tempered some.

Losing to the Browns twice last year was a dagger.

How do you know the changes were minor? You have a new coaching staff who watched film and recognized some weaknesses and decided we can fix what we have here. Coaching is underrated by so many. They make a huge difference. Browns made big changes and only improved on paper. I have an inking that their whole locker room will become a problem. I know our minor changes are questionable, but we just don't know yet. As for losing to the Browns twice last year, even though we were injured (not using that as an excuse) I felt it was the coaches and lack of discipline. I wasnt pissed when we lost the 2nd time because I felt that had to be the nail in the ML coffin. So losing to the Browns finally had a coaching change which was long overdue.

I understand what your saying and I just don't agree brother. But let's be honest. When you consider the ML record against the Steelers, this change should have taken place long ago. Way before the Browns sweep. Yet, Mike is a loyal guy and it took a team who was 1-31 in the two previous years to sweep us that finally made him move. Not to discount the fans disapproval and lack of attendance and season ticket drops. He felt that one in the nads!

I think we had the perfect storm. Team embarrassment, fan embarrassment and an owner who feared he was close to losing the support of not only a city, but support of the fans nationwide (there are few outside Ohio, northern KY and SE Indiana). I feel this is why we've finally started seeing the Bengals act like an NFL team. The draft was more than many expected. I have good feelings about this year. We are going to be something special. We are still one of the youngest teams in the league and if they gel quickly under this new regime, man, oh man, we got some good stuff heading our way.

So, as you say, "Losing to the Browns twice last year was a dagger." Yes it was, but I beleive we will remove that dagger from our skin, and slay the entire NFL. LOL

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting take from Hobspin on AFCN - HarleyDog - 06-09-2019, 05:06 PM