Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Reds be active for trades?
(06-13-2019, 05:41 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I don’t think that too many people want trades for the sake of making a trade. The trades have to make sense. I love what Iglesias has done and would like to see a 2-3 year deal. Peraza is decent fielding at 2B and not a good defensive SS. He also has to hit .290 to have a passable OBP because he doesn’t like to take a walk. The team has Peraza, Scooter and Dietrich, all of which should have 2B as their primary position. You don’t think that a trade is needed? The OF has one decent future Of’er in Senzel. Winker sucks as a fielder, doesn’t run well and isn’t getting on base this year. Puig is a good defender that hasn’t been able to make contact. People don’t want trades for no reason. There are a few solid pieces going forward but there are some serious voids too. Just my opinion!

Well WE don't want trades for the sake of trades. That much we agree on, but there are more than plenty of fans who do.. That was my only point there.
Contrary to opinions expressed somewhere I don't recall Iglesias signed a ONE year deal with the Reds, not 2 or 3.. I wish it had been 2, but it wasn't.
Peraza really can hit and for average. His slow start this season shouldn't be held against him. Winker, I think is suffering from last season's shoulder injury, but probably could get back to where he was last season before the injury. He's still not a great fielder, but the Reds, despite some players who aren't great fielders still rank among the best in the league in fielding percentages. They're 5th in the entire league in fielding percentages, have the 4th fewest errors with only 33 on the season. Seattle has had 81 errors. Houston leads with only 26.. (Reds are: 12th in caught stealing, have just 4 passed balls as opposed to Atlanta with 11, etc, etc, and so on.. So fielding? They're pretty darned solid. It's lack of hitting where they really hurt.. Both Puig (.293 BA his last 15 games and .393 this past week) and Votto have been picking it up of late and Jesse today went 4-5, 2 singles, a double and a HR. Will he continue with that line? I doubt it, but stranger things happen. Regardless I still like Jesse.. If he can get back to hitting in the .270-300 range he could make the ASG someday. Dietrich is a HR or bust type hitter.  Over his last 7 games? his BA is a measly .087 and .224 this past month. He's a utility player AT BEST...nothing more, nothing less.
Suarez has me concerned. This past week he's hit just .111, .164 the past 15 and .261 for the month.. His power has dropped off significantly. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the Reds be active for trades? - grampahol - 06-16-2019, 11:08 PM