Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegas and ESPN AFC North Division Outlook
(06-19-2019, 12:15 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Anderson, Esiason, and Palmer also had times where they were pretty mediocre-to-bad here at times, as well.

Carson threw 20+ INTs here in two different seasons... Andy only has one season like that, but at least he had 33 TDs that year
Boomer had 3 seasons here where he finished with more INTs than TDs (and one other where he came really close)... Andy's never done that.
Anderson had *6* seasons where he couldn't manage more TDs than INTs. In 1978 he had 10 TDs vs 22 INTs! (And yes, it was a different game back then, but come on, those are bad numbers)

So is the ceiling as high for Andy as it was for any of those three guys? No, but his floor has been higher and that's a big reason why Andy's lead the Bengals to more playoff appearances than any of the others.

I'm not ragging on Dalton, I'm just saying outsiders tend to remember high ceilings more than high floors.  Again, I think Dalton is better than most people think, but I can also see why someone who isn't a fan of the Bengals wouldn't take notice of him because only 2015 had that "look out for Dalton" narrative going.

Same thing with the Bengals' playoff run.  Fans of most other teams aren't going to bow to our 5-straight 12th place seasons any more than they will be in awe of our QB who can finish in the top 15 or so with regularity.  That's just the way it is outside of this message board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vegas and ESPN AFC North Division Outlook - Nately120 - 06-19-2019, 12:47 AM