Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson and the ever hopeful stories of...
If sad stories of player's pasts were the determining factor in whether a team won championships Hobson would make the Bengals ten time world champions.. I know a lot of you think he's a terrible football writer and he really does deserve a lot of the knocks he takes, but the guy does have a knack for making you want to root for guys who's grandmothers and grandfathers had it tough.. 
File another of Hobsons stories under Germain Pratt's grandma and even great grandmother.. https://www.bengals.com/news/old-soul-pratt-eyes-new-role
I could write all day about how tough my own grandparents had it, but they would never turn me into a world class athlete.. Never underestimate the power of some somewhat interesting human interest feature story to make a player one of the all time greats, eh? 
In no way do any of his stories make anyone a worse nor better player. I think at best it fills that off season hole in our otherwise boring time of awaiting the beginning of training camp.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Hobson and the ever hopeful stories of... - grampahol - 06-21-2019, 10:50 AM