Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today is the half way point of the season.
Game #81 today.  We are on pace to only win about 75 games despite having the 2nd best pitching staff in the league. The lack of offense is a true mystery.  It is so much like the Bengals defense last year it is eerie.  You watch them and you think "There is no way they can be this bad with this talent."  I am not saying the Reds offense should be a powerhouse, but last year we were 8th in runs scored and we replaced one of the lowest ranked offensive players in the major leagues (Billy Hamilton) with Yasiel Puig.  No way in hell we should drop to 13th this year.

I thought the Reds would at least have a winning record, and maybe even challenge for a playoff spot, but for the entire first half they have been consistently between 6 and 2 games under .500.  Scooter is coming back, but Dietrich hit 18 HR while he was out.  Woods may come back, but our pitching has not been the problem.

I still say the Reds are more talented than their record indicates.  Luck plays a big role in baseball games and the Reds have one of the worst records in 1-run games.  Overall they have outscored their oppenents by 37 runs which is 5th best in the NL.  They should have a winning record, but the fact is they don't.  Based on the current winning percentages the Reds would have to win 86 games to get a wild card spot.  That would require winning sixty percent of their remaining games while hoping that none of the 8 teams above them in the wild card standings get hot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Today is the half way point of the season. - fredtoast - 06-30-2019, 12:53 PM