Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever discover a song because you heard it in a TV commercial
(07-05-2019, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Years ago, when I was a young lad, and just getting my feet wet in classic rock, Miller Genuine Draft had a commercial with "Funk 49" by the James Gang on it.  Took me a while to figure that one out during the pre internet days.  I knew it was Joe Walsh singing, but I hadn't even heard of the James Gang at that point.  Couldn't be found on any Joe Walsh or Eagles albums obviously.....by chance, I bought a compilation cassette of some classic rock tunes, and lo and behold......

Dude, that is one of the best songs ever. I remember watching golf on TV a few years ago (probably 10) and they played a clip about 5-6 seconds before going to a commercial. I was like, Wtf? I know that song but whats it called? So, I kept replaying it over and over in my head until I was able to remember the song. The song was "Band on the run." I know it doesn't have anything to do with your song but the struggle was real trying to calm the brain because that's all I could think about until I figured it out. Luckily for me, Youtube was invented and I found it and my soul was able to rest a bit. LOL At 1:21 in the video is what they played without lyrics.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever discover a song because you heard it in a TV commercial - HarleyDog - 07-05-2019, 05:20 PM