Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices
(07-11-2019, 02:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think the issue is so much the number of scouts since the coaches also scout.  I think Hue was terrible at talent evaluation.  You can look at moves he influenced with the Raiders and Browns as proof. The Palmer trade, the ridiculous contract Zeitler got, the attempted McCaron trade, etc.

Zeitler had all the leverage when Hue got the Browns job.  He knew there was a blank check just waiting on him.  He was also making 1st round money, which makes it much easier to wait and test the open market.  It's easy to say that we should have extended him before DeCastro but he's not necessarily going to sign.

Coaches also need to gameplan, work with players, build offense and defense, etc. And the college football season is during the NFL season. Coaches have no time to scout then. So that leaves us waiting until after the season to start scouting...

There is a reason that other NFL Teams have 2 to 3 times our scouts. And I'm sure their coaches do some scouting too still.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices - THE PISTONS - 07-11-2019, 10:00 PM