Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-06-2019, 11:54 AM)kevin Wrote: Thank You. That is good to hear.  That is good to hear.  

I saw what Dave Parker did when he came to Reds, and I'm telling the younger fans Puig is doing as much or more.  Both right fielders very comparable in that they are big men that play good D, great arms in right.  At the plate they give you power and Tony Perez clutch hitting with men on base.  On the bases they are Pete Rose very heads up taking the extra base and more speed than you would thing for big guys. 

The innings Roark eats are huge.  Go into a baseball site where you can pull up last 3 years total, 2016, 17, 18.  Then click on most innings. You will find that in the last 3 years Roark is near the top in most pitched innings with a 3 something ERA.  In 2019 he is eating innings for Reds.  The bullpen needs that.  Yes, maybe we could use more bullpen, who couldn't.  What is making the Reds better in 2019 is Reds finally have starters going deeper into ballgames.  You can not bring the pen in every game in the 3rd or 4th inning as Reds were last few years. 

THANKS....That is good to hear....Reds.com headline was SHOULD REDS TRADE PUIG AT DEADLINE....That was not a good headline to see this Saturday morning with Reds so close to First Place. ....Reds should not be trading anybody.  The chemistry of a team is fragile.  Plus they might get Gennett and Wood going, and there are your extra bat and pitcher, plus guys in minors come September. 

If Reds would make play-offs, and I thought of this in 1990 season.  You don't use 5 starters in play-offs.  That means your bullpen gets stronger because some starters become bullpen.  If Wood comes back, Mahle could end up in pen.  If Reds make play-offs, another starter will join Mahle in the pen. Suddenly Reds have plenty of bullpen and no room for more.

As for hitting, Gennett is pretty gimpy still.  They should platoon him and ease him back. They have Dietrick and Farmer and others needing playing time.  Ervin and Senzel but still need to play Winker now and then.  The Reds have great depth if Gennett and Wood start playing more.   However not enough depth to trade a Dave Parker type Puig,  Reds are not close to being that deep in talent.

Puig will stay and Roark will be traded is my opinion.  Unless Wood has another set back.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - psychdoctor - 07-06-2019, 03:29 PM