Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-15-2019, 03:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The issue I have with Winker is that he tends to hit into double plays.  I cannot find the stats on this, but it seems to be a problem for him.  The game I was at, Winker hit into two DP.  I think his fielding is average to below average compared to Ervin and Puig.  I still like Winker though and he can hit the ball well.

Winker's defense is definitely not as good as Ervin or Puig, but that's why Winker is best suited for LF. Ervin is probably best suited for RF but he can play all three spots.

I don't want anyone to get the idea that I don't like Puig. I like him a lot actually. But, just like I thought with Scooter before Senzel was moved to CF, if there's potentially a good replacement waiting in the wings, I'd rather see the extra $$ spent elsewhere. With Roark, Wood, and DeSclafani all set to hit FA after this season, I think a lot of money will need to be shoveled into SP if the Reds really want to build off of this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - ochocincos - 07-15-2019, 03:41 PM