Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month.
(07-17-2019, 03:21 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Come on now McC... Nobody’s ideas are “beyond stupid”. There’s also no definitive on right or wrong here. We mostly just post some stats, followed by our opinions. I personally think that dumping Votto is nonsense but only because the team can’t without eating the money anyway. He hasn’t added anything to this team though. Mahle has been the worst of the Reds starters but he has a positive WAR which is all anyone usually can hope for from their number 5. Last years Homer Bailey qualified as “suxx”. Mahle is trending the wrong way, he probably has one of the worst run support in baseball. I agree with you on keeping Puig but it can’t be for a stupid ass Votto/Bailey type bad contract. The team just can’t continue to be handcuffed, that plan has contributed largely to why the team has been bad.

Dumping Votto is nonsense precisely for the reason you stated.  I think the only reason Mahle still has a job is that the Reds have absolutely no one else to replace him.

But you can't keep trading players away.  I say, and I think this is what will happen, stand pat and let the rest of the season play itself out.  There's no point in being buyers unless you have a real shot at winning the division.  Do not give up any assets to make a run at a WC so you can play one game for the chance to get murdered by the Dodgers.

The Reds have come pretty far this season but they haven't come far enough to really contend.  They are still learning how to win.  Shoot for next year.

And I don't think Puig will break the bank.  They need what he brings to the table on and off the field.  But do it now so he doesn't hit the FA market.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hope Reds.com Joking on Trading Puig or Roark this Month. - McC - 07-17-2019, 03:48 PM