Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019 team and the 2 SB teams......
If this staff can discipline and motivate like the Wyche, the sky is the limit. But, come to think of it, football has changed drastically since then. Then we had hard nosed coaches and players. Now we have coaches who have to be careful they dont hurt players feelings and players are "Primetime" instead of grit. Big difference so not really sure they are comparable?

An NFL team can quickly become a plague when the players run the show, and it does happen (playoff loss 2015). All we can hope for is a coach that doesnt tolerate BS and hold all accountable. Also need assistant coaches that can bring out the best of talent in their players. Do we have the staff? Well, time will tell because basically, this team is a mystery. Can these guys make it work? I think they can, but that's just speculation just as much as the fan who thinks the team is trash I guess.

As far as talent goes, we have talent. Yet, its aging talent. It's a guess what we are going to get production and injury wise. We have young talent in several areas as well which could pan out (with a lot of hopes on Mixon continuing badassness). Jury was in on Ross but he filed an appeal so its a wait and see. Our current players don't hold a torch when compared to Wyche era players when it comes to toughness. Heck, player stubs a toe hes out 6 weeks. That didn't happen back then. Player gets a headache, he's out for concussion protocol. That didn't happen back then either (ok, bad example because I do care about player health).

AAAAAAAAAaaanyway, to actually answer the question in the OP, I think 2020 will show Bengal fans what they needed for awhile, despite the record and that will be fight and a new game-plan we are not used to. Playing 4 qtrs because the game isnt over till its over. I think we will see a desire to win and a coach that takes responsibility for a loss instead of blaming it on the players. Hopefully getting back to the culture that helped us win in the playoffs will come with this team. But here's the million dollar question. If all this is to happen, doesnt Mike Brown have to give power to the HC? That will be the big difference here. Give ZT what it takes to win NOW, or keep planning for a future you haven't obtained in your tenure as owner. He seems to be the trump card in all of this. I try to hope with the ZT hiring he has turned a corner. Yet, we will see.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 team and the 2 SB teams...... - HarleyDog - 07-13-2019, 02:38 PM