Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point are you OK with a total rebuild
(07-18-2019, 08:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It would seem to most fans your opinion is correct.  Building a winning franchise in the NFL is not easy but some teams have better scouting, facilities, management to produce champions.  Bengals are not there yet and I know some others with myself have suffered since the 1990's.  

But things changed over the past season.  New Management paradigm, Direction, Coaching staff.  I would feel better about the upcoming season if the first rounder did not get injured before the season started.  Real downer for me.  Also, I wish Taylor had his first choice of DC and OC.  I do not know if Turner was his first choice, but it was a comfortable choice as he likes people he worked with in the past.  

Remember, Marvin Lewis came in and changed the culture of a laughing stock of a franchise and made the team respectable and post-season bound.  Lewis was not given the power to hire his own assistants or OC or DC, at least not initially.  Lewis had to tolerate the likes of Paul Alexander and Bratkowski. 

Things have changed this year in Bengal land but more changes will come and hopefully make the Franchise not only competitive but feared opponent.  

Other than a head coaching change, what actually changed?

Pathetic FA period?

Disastrous assistant coach hiring period?

Brown family speaking in condescending terms when pressed about team building strategy?

The bottom line is nothing much has changed. The same lackluster approach to building a high end NFL franchise is still alive and well. The team tried harder to get the stadium deal with the county redacted than to bring in difference makers in FA.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point are you OK with a total rebuild - t3r3e3 - 07-20-2019, 07:33 AM