Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise?
(08-09-2019, 11:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: You know Orlando Brown failed his conditioning test at Ravens camp and is in Harbaugh's doghouse,right?  He was even briefly demoted to 2nd team.  I realize T depth is a need, but we can really do without a lazy bum like Brown. The Ravens are counting on him to start and dude can't even pass a condition test?  That's pathetic.

In his rookie season, he was a 65 on PFF rankings, with 3 penalties in 760 snaps.  This, with a QB that would hold the ball a very long time.  

Whether he was in shape coming in to this season or not, I thought it actually made SENSE for him not to keep working at the same (or harder) pace after his last season in Oklahoma in preparation for the draft.  Now, most people would take about how much money he would lose, but I look at how many guys are DEAD when their rookie season rolls around (Jonah Williams?) from the lack of a break between senior (or junior) season, the draft, and OTAs.  

Brown was a starter on the Raven's offensive line and I would have taken in a heartbeat over Hart.  I am giving Hart every chance, but even if Hart beat him out here, I would feel a LOT better having Brown on our roster than Malik Jefferson who might not even make the team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your player that has low expectations that you feel may surprise? - SHRacerX - 08-10-2019, 08:12 AM