Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ Green - Probably his last season as a Bengal
(08-05-2019, 09:24 PM)TopSix Wrote: They are 19-28-1 over the last 3 years

Ross isn’t going to be a star.  He can’t complete a catch and get tackled.

But sinking disproportionate money to a declining 32 year old won’t win games either.

I guess I sorta get why Mike looks to always extend their good draftees.   He feels vindicated in his football decision making and wants to hold onto
Them forever.

I don't totally disagree with your assesement of signing Green since it would likely put dedicating more money to position group than is typical of how successful franchises do it.  Looking at it a while back a large contract for AJ puts us in the top 5 likely in percentage of pay for WR's.  I's just an awful lot of the percentage of your cap room. 

With that said, I completely disagree with your assessment of Ross.  Joe Goodberry did an excellent video series of every pass thrown his way and thn broke down the percentage of catchable balls and his is very respectable.   Given so many were deep balls thrown off target it's not really his fault.   I would be surprised if we don't see a massive 3rd year turnaround in the sytem which is perfect for him.   He will be a weapon teams will have to deal with.  Zach will get him in space and room to run.  He opens things up for Boyd and Green.....errr Malone. 

I also think Malone breaks out a bit too.  That makes Green expendable.   The fact is he will get a long term deal though.  This is the Bengals after all/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green - Probably his last season as a Bengal - yang - 08-06-2019, 05:33 PM