Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict smackin' on the Bengals..
(08-06-2019, 10:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I loved the Super Destroyer as much as anyone on here, even coined him as such around here.  However, as the number of injuries, concussions, penalties, and suspensions started to accumulate, I started to notice a stark transition in him.  He was no longer the omnipotent being he once was, but he truly was just taking gratuitous, cheap shots and doing guys dirty for the sake of it.

Perhaps the change of scenery, new environment and situation will be good for him, who knows?  However, as a guy that played football into his 30's, I think that he's been "reaching" a few years ahead of where he should have started grasping at straws like that.  He might have had a few too many concussions.

He certainly looked spent last year... I don't know if he was just playing tentative or what. I know he wasn't as bad in 2016- 2017, but never really stood out like he did before. He's sorta the embodiment of the 2011 thru 2015 playoff team Bengals... That rainy night in Cincinnati was his, and their last stand.

I always liked the guy, and he was my favorite Bengal for years... I wish him the best, but I hope that Sample waffles, flapjacks, or hotcakes his ass if he's healthy when we play him this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict smackin' on the Bengals.. - jason - 08-06-2019, 10:39 PM